Want to keep track of all countries, cities and places that you have seen in your lifetime?
"Places Been" is a travel tracker app that allows you to conveniently search and mark those places. Visited places are beautifully displayed with their corresponding country flag on a map.
🗺️ Create your own personal travel map
✈️. Travel diary: Remember the cities and countries you have visited on your trips
💡 Get travel inspiration by easily discovering UNESCO sites, national parks and landmarks nearby
💚 Mark your favorite places and create your personal travel Bucket List
📊 Detailed statistics about your travels
The app automatically generates a list of all visited countries and states/provinces/regions based on the cities you tagged. It also helps you to keep track of your personal Bucket List - all places that you are still planning to visit and your fav places in the world.
As a bonus you can create your personal Flag Map based on the countries that you visited - similar to a scratchmap!
Places Been allows to track cities, villages, UNESCO Sites and National Parks.
Complete Feature List:
• Travel tracker and travel diary: Tagging of visited Cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, National Parks and National Monuments on a map
• Marking of favorite and "Bucketlist" places
• Extensive offline database containing all cities > 500 inhabitants in the world
• Complete list of all countries of the world including their flags
• List of all states, provinces or regions for the following countries: United States (US), Canada (CA), Germany (DE), Austria (AT), Switzerland (CH), Spain (ES), Italy (IT), France (FR), United Kingdom (GB), Australia (AU), Brasil (BR), Portugal (PT), Ireland (IE), Poland (PL), Sweden (SE), Romania (RO) (to be continued)
• Contains all Nationalparks and National Monuments of the following countries: US, CA, UK, DE, NZ, IT
• More than 8000 commercial passenger airports around the world
• Highlighting of visited countries, continents and states/regions based on tagged places
• Management of your own Bucket-List (places you want to visit)
• Generation of a personal Flag Map (flags of visited countries within their country shapes)
• Stats about the places that you traveled to
• Import of TripAdvisor My Travel Map / "Where I've Been" Map
• Export of seen places to csv
• Share your pinned places and your maps via Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp with your friends and family
• View your personal travel map online from any device
• In Places Been you will tag cities and the app will automatically keep track of the visited countries for you.
Are you a world traveller or do you want to travel the world? Start your travelmap now and remember where you've been and what you've seen!
• People photo created by freepik - www.freepik.com - https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/people
Welcome to Places Been! We're continuously adding new features and improving the app.
Overall a pretty good app to track where you have been and where you want to go to. The ads are not too annoying in my opinion (free version), and anyway they somehow need to be paid. It fulfills my needs. Improvements: UI to fit 'fatter' fingers, get more information about the city/town or country within the 'cities been' part as it's only showing the population when clicking on a location. Statistics would probably also make sense on a more detailed level, e.g. US with it's 50 states.
Good concept but far too limited. All you can do is mark the cities you've been to, not the places unless it's a national park or monument. All those museums, shops, restaurants, etc do not exist in this app.
You Can't list State Parks. I wanted this for places I've camped or stayed. You can't type in cities because nothing comes up. You can only zero in on the map. 🙁
I like the app and I know how demanding it is to keep it up to date. However if the developers would try to make a better lookin' UI and better looking statistics this would improve the app a lot.
Smooth now. Initially issues with the search engine but now it works great.